Raspberry and white chocolate is a match made in heaven and these Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies certainly taste heavenly. They are easy to make too so what are you waiting for? Get baking!
I recently asked my readers what type of cookies they would like to see a recipe for on Only Crumbs Remain. I got a lot of great suggestions – Apricot & Almond, Chocolate & Coconut, Orange & Cranberry, Stem ginger, anyone? I will be working at bringing you these and as many of those suggested as I can over the coming months but there was one flavour that got asked for more than any other. Raspberry and White Chocolate with Strawberry and White Chocolate a close second.
Here at Only Crumbs Remain raspberry and white chocolate is a firm favourite combination of ours, both myself and my predecessor Angela love it, so you will already find a quite a few raspberry and white chocolate recipes such as:
- Homemade Raspberry and White Chocolate Creams
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Profiteroles
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Mini Trifles
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Fudge
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Tarts
You may also like to try my Raspberry and White Chocolate Loaf Cake which is on my other blog Recipes Made Easy, it is is one of my most popular posts there.
As luck would have it I was already making and photographing these Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies for Only Crumbs Remain. Its a variation on my favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. A recipe that I think I have perfected over time and this variation is a good one. I'm sure you are going to like it.
Hints Tips and Variations
- Store your chocolate chips in the freezer and use straight from frozen, this helps the chocolate chunks from melting too much during the cooking.
- If you can not find chocolate chips, chop small irregular chunks from a bar. I rather like this method as I think it makes them taste and look more homemade.
- If you were one of those who would have opted for a Strawberry and White Chocolate cookie - No problem simply substitute freeze-dried strawberries for the freeze-dried raspberries.
- To get even sized cookies I use an ice cream/serving scoop with a trigger release. I have a selection of sizes which I find really handy.
- I like to make these generous sized cookies and make about 18 from this mixture but you can, of course, make more smaller ones if you prefer.
- If you like your cookies soft and chewy, cook until golden around the edge and still slightly pale in the centre. The time will vary according to your oven. Check at around 9–10 minutes.
- For a crisper cookie cook until golden all over, usually around 12 minutes.
Step by Step Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150 g butter softened (5oz)
- 150 g golden caster sugar (5oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g white chocolate chips (4oz)
- 3 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
- 200 g plain flour (7oz)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ (170℃ fan)/375°F/gas mark 5. Line or lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg followed by the vanillla extract.
- Add the white chocolate chips and raspberries and beat to combine. Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat until well combined.
- Place round tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheets, leaving plenty of space around each one for them to spread. Flatten each one slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until pale golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Equipmenttwo large baking sheets
StoreIn an airtight container for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 2 months
Pin for Later
NEVER WANT TO MISS WHAT’S HAPPENING ON ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN?
I’m linking this post to