These crunchy Easter chocolate nests take just minutes to make and no time to set. They look great and are delicious too
An easy and fun cooking project to keep the children occupied for a little time or just when you want to make a fun treat. These Easter-themed chocolate nests are just the trick.
Just four ingredients are needed that you may well already have in the cupboard plus the mini eggs.
They are a variation of the chocolate cornflake cakes that I made as a child, to which I have given an Easter twist by forming into nests. Instead of cornflakes I have used crumbled shredded wheat which gives them a realistic nest appearance and is equally as delicious if not more so!
- fun to make
I've filled the nests with mini eggs but if you wanted you could shape your own eggs out of ready to roll fondant icing. Decorate with spots of food colouring.
No time to make it now – Pin for later
More fun Easter makes
Step By Step chocolate nests
Easter Chocolate Nests
- baking parchment
- 50 g (2oz) butter
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon golden syrup
- 3 shredded wheat
- mini easter eggs
- Line a baking hseet or tray with baking parchment.
- Place 50g (2oz) butter in a small saucepean with 4 tablespoon cocoa powder and 4 tablespoon golden syrup. Melt over a low heat stirring constantly until combined.
- Remove from the heat and crumble 3 shredded wheats into the pan. Mix into the mixture stirring until the shredded wheat is coated with the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into nests on the baking parchment and fill the nests with mini eggs.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until set.