White Chocolate Buttercream Icing
A delicious rich and creamy buttercream frosting. Perfect for filling cakes, biscuits and macraons and piping on cupcakes.
- 150 g (5oz) white chocolate broken into small pieces
- 200 g (7oz) butter softened
- 225 g (8oz) icing sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon milk or double cream (optional)
Place 150g (5oz) white chocolate broken into pieces in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of hot water. Stir until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Place200g (7oz) butter in a large bowl and beat until light and creamy.
Add half of the 225g (8oz) of icing sugar and beat on a low speed until combined. Then add the remaining icing sugar and whisk again until combined, before increasing the speed and beating for a minute or two.
Add the cooled melted chocolate and beat until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla if using and a little milk or cream and beat again adding a little more milk or cream to get your desired consistency.