Grab these 15 blackberry recipes for inspiration if you've been foraging in the hedgerows. There's something to suit everybody from fabulous drinks to enjoy on a late summer's evening to savoury recipes as well as plenty of dessert and snack ideas for using blackberries.
Beautiful, black, juicy, blackberries are seemingly on every hedgerow at the moment. So if you've been foraging for some and are wondering what to make with blackberries then wonder no longer! Today, with the help of some of my food blogging friends, I am sharing with you 15 brilliant blackberry recipes.
As good as a blackberry crumble is (and trust me I'd be the first in the queue for a portion of crumble with custard!), blackberries can be used in a host of different recipes that would be great from breakfast through to supper, as well as a little tipple at the end of the day!
If a recipe catches your eye simply click on the recipe title in green.
Blackberries for Breakfast
- This Blackberry Oaty Traybake from Lucy at Baking Queen 74 oozes blackberry juice and is packed with slow release energy courtesy of the oats making it perfect for breakfast. But of course it would also be great sliced up for a late summer picnic or simply included in a lunch box for a delicious treat.
- Made with just 5 store cupboard ingredients this Blackberry Smoothie from Mabintu at Recipes from a Pantry is thick, creamy and makes a great breakfast snack. As an added plus Mabintu shares suggestions for ingredient substitutions too.
Blackberries in Savoury Recipes
Rather than reserving blackberries for dessert or cake why not use a handful of them in a savoury recipe like this Basil & Goats' Cheese Crostini with Balsamic Blackberry Compote from Becca at Amuse Your Bouche which would be perfect either as a delicious snack or as part of a buffet when you're entertaining friends.
Either fresh or frozen blackberries can be used in this vibrant, nutritious and gorgeous looking Beetroot & Blackberry Salad with a Tahini Dressing from Katherine at Veggie Desserts.
Treats and Snacks using Blackberries
- These Blackberry and Pear Cupcakes from myself at Only Crumbs Remain make great use of autumn fruits. The cupcakes are filled with a homemade blackberry and pear jam, and topped with an easy mascarpone and white chocolate frosting.
- Inspired by her Polish mother, these Blackberry Prune Squares from Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes are low in fat and sugar, and are perfect as a snack.
- These Blackberry Lime Cupcakes from Lizet at Chipa by the Dozen are packed with berries and are topped with a cream cheese frosting which carries a pretty pink colour courtesy of a little blackberry juice.
Desserts using Blackberries
- I'm really digging the colours in this Blackberry Panna Cotta Tart with Passion Fruit from Sylvie at The Foodie Journey - plus having been made with agar agar it's suitable for vegetarians too.
- Imagine a layer of juicy blackberries covered with creamy rice
pudding which has a crunchy caramelised crust! Sounds good, yes? Then you need this Blackberry Rice Brulee recipe from Recipes Made Easy.
- A wonderful pimped up frangipane of Blackberry, Almond and Rosemary Tart from Recipes Made Easy would be great served as a treat with a cup of coffee or tea as well as a dessert with family and friends.
- This Blackberry and Almond Cake recipe from myself here at Only Crumbs Remain is super easy. It makes great use of seasonal blackberries, teaming them with almonds to make a really great
Blackberries in Drinks
- I'm sure you'll agree that this Blackberry Lavender Gin and Tonic from Lucy at SuperGolden Bakes is super pretty, perfect for enjoying on a late summer evening.
- Or why not team your foraged bounty in this Wild Rose, Apple & Blackberry Cocktail from Elinor at Beach Hut Cook.
- Jam making is one of the best ways of preserving foraged fruits, like blackberries, such as this Easy Blackberry and Apple Jam recipe from Camilla at Fab Food 4 All.
- Our Blackberry & Pear Jam from myself at Only Crumbs Remain uses nature's free bounty to make a tasty preserve for just a few pence. Not only is homemade jam easy to make and can be used in lots of ways, this blackberry jam recipe uses
25% less sugar than most!