Although we often think of beetroot as being a salad vegetable (though there's certainly nothing wrong with that), the humble beet can be used in so many other ways. Savoury bakes, cakes, pizza, and even shakes! This collection of 14 beetroot recipes, brought to you with thanks to some top UK food bloggers, definitely has something for everybody!
So if you're looking for some new and inspiring ideas, are unsure of how to make the best use of a bunch of fresh beetroots which may have been gifted to you, or even have a jar of pickled beetroot lurking in the back of the cupboard begging to be used, then check out these recipes and follow the links in green for the actual recipe.
Beetroot Salad Recipes
- Requires 8 small cooked beetroot (or 4 larger ones). Serves 4.
- Requires about 400g bunch fresh beets. Serves 2 as a light meal or 4 as a side salad.
easy salad makes great use of the classic combination of beetroot and
feta cheese. The added toasted hazelnuts bring a lovely crunch to the
- Requires 4 small beets.
you love the beetroot and feta combination, why not try it in this
slightly warm salad with butternut squash noodles, pumpkin seeds and
pomegranate seeds. It's a Kaleidoscope of colour and textures!
- Requires 1 large beetroot.
use of a spirilizer makes Monika's salad look very pretty and
undoubtedly interesting. The chopped apple and pecans contrast with the
ribbons of beetroot and courgette (zucchini) beautifully both in terms
of shape but also texture.
Beetroot Soup Recipe
- Requires 1kg beetroot, serves 8-10.
Main Meal Beetroot Recipes
- Requires 3 good sized beetroots. Serves 3-4 people.
recipe produces a delicious, colourful and nutritious meal which is
perfect served with vegetables and potatoes or a simple salad.
- Requires 2 beetroot, serves 4-6 people.
delicious and easy traybake meal, which is packed with veggies.
Although Kirsty used Cumberland sausages here, the recipe could easily
be adapted to cater for vegetarians and vegans alike.
- Requires 400g jar sliced beetroot. Makes 8 mini calzoni pizzas.If you've got a jar of beetroot lurking in the back of the cupboard, then why not give these mini calzoni pizzas, packed with beetroot, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and cheddar cheese, a try?
- Requires 4 Beetroot. Serve 4 people.
cheesy, comforting polenta topped with chopped roasted beetroot in a maple balsamic juice. What more is there to say, it looks and sounds absolutely
Bakes using Beetroot
300g beetroot. Produces 12 savoury muffins.
classic combination of beetroot and goats' cheese. The portable nature of the bake makes them perfect for picnics, packed lunches or simply as a delicious savoury snack.
- Requires 100g beetroot. Produces 9 cupcakes.
just as delicious with or without the vibrant pink beetroot frosting.
These cupcakes are beautifully moist, and are punctuated with chocolate
Other Ideas for using Beets.
- Requires 1 cooked beetroot. Serves 2-3.
with goodness from the bananas and beetroot, but they're still undoubtedly yummy.
- Requires 1 bunch of fresh beetroot. Serves 8.
beetroot often means boiling or roasting it. But why not use your
slow cooker instead? It's a method which is perfect when you have a busy day ahead. Check out
Camilla's post to learn how.
- Requires 500g Fresh beetroot.